Sunday 8 July 2012

My 1st OPIs!

Call me sad, but I am now a very happy owner of 2 OPIs! :D

I love love love painting my nails, I've been doing it so often lately! Since creating this blog, & following many others, I have became a lot more familiar with various products & their quality. I had heard of OPI before entering the blogging world, but I was simply happy with my Rimmel & Topshop collections. I apologise Rimmel & Topy - I still love you & will use you, but you just aren't enough any more!

So I went on a hunt for OPI! They aren't sold in places like Boots or Superdrug; only salons, hairdressers etc. I found a few places that stocked OPI but, with my disappearing bank allowance, I wasn't willing to pay £10+ for a bottle of nail varnish. Then I realised my cousin has access to a local beauty warehouse (because she is a hairdresser!) & I'd heard that they sell OPI there.

With the beauty warehouse card at the ready I set off! The day I went happened to be a VAT free sale, bonus! So the OPI polishes were being sold at £4.90!! As well as this the store its self does a buy 4 get 1 free. I was in heaven. The colour range is absolutely amazing! & I love all of their random names. I picked out 6(!) nail polishes in total. My boyfriend paid for 4 of them (for my birthday) & I bought 2 - there was no way I could wait until my birthday without owning my own!

So here are the two I bought...


Just spotted the lizard & over the taupe.

I absolutely love them & I can definitely see what all the hype is about. The formula is of the best I've ever used. It's quite a thin polish, so is really easy to apply & doesn't get messy/clumpy at all. To keep the formula at its best there are 2 silver balls in each polish. I love this, because I always find my polishes get old & gloopy, so a good shake before every use will prevent this. The only down side to the thin formula, if it even is a down side, is that you need to apply 2, maybe 3 coats to cover the visible nail line. I love painting my nails though so I'm fine with this! The thinner formula also means that they dry quite quickly; in comparison to thicker polishes like Barry M, which take an age to dry! Another thing I love is the massive brush handles. Because they're quite large they are really easy to get a grip of, making application easy & more precise (no hand cramp too!).

Just spotted the lizard
 Just spotted the lizard is from OPIs amazing spiderman collection. I think it's a gorgeous, unusual colour; with undertones of gold & green. It's also a dupe of the infamous Chanel's peridot polish, but for a much cheaper price! I'm currently wearing this :)
Over the taupe
Over the taupe isn't the most exciting colour, but I've been wanting to try a brown/grey tone for a while. Also, I thought this shade would be perfect for my graduation later this month.

So there you have it, my overenthusiastic OPI post! What are you favourite OPI shades?

Jen xox

12 comments:

  1. just spotted lizard is a gorgeous colour. total dupe for chanel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know yeah, they're exactly the same! X

      Delete
  2. just spotted the lizard is such a unique color..i must pick one up for myself :) sooo gorgeous!

    anansays.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I'm wearing it at the moment & loving it! Xx

      Delete
  3. oh wow.. £4.90 for them is AMAZING. Really like both the colours :) x x

    http://purelybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know yeah! I'll definitely be going back there haha xx

      Delete
  4. omg i loooooove the opi shade!
    such a pretty/unique colour
    Also, I have a £30 LUSH giveaway right now that I'd love for you to enter :-)
    <3
    Caroline

    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) ooh, I'll go check it out! Xx

      Delete
  5. What a bargain?! I love Just Spotted The Lizard, it's a gorgeous colour :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know yeah! I felt like I'd robbed them haha. Im loving that shade! Xx

      Delete
  6. You'll definitely become addicted to OPI! There are SO many amazing shades xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I definitely am addicted. My boyfriend got me 4 for my birthday (end of the month) & my sister has bought me the Minnie Mouse minis. I CANNOT WAIT! Hahaa xx

      Delete