Wednesday 4 July 2012

NOTD | Colourful tips

As you can see from the end result, I love playing about with my nails! Even if they do look a little child-like :P & with the weather as it is, I need some bright colours in my summer days!

So I began by painting a clear base coat to prevent any staining on my natural nails. I really recommend applying base coats - stained really are ugggly. I then applied two coats of Barry M's mint green to each nail. After they are bone dry I used masking tape as a stencil guide, & aligned where I wanted the coloured tips to start. I then painted the tip of each nail a different colour. The colours I used are -

  • Barry M's matt white
  • Rimmel's tangerine queen
  • Rimmel's funtime fuschia
  • Rimmel's blue eyed blue 
  • Rimmel's rapid ruby
Once I'd finished painting the tips I peeled off the masking tape & applied 2 top coats to each nail of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri. & ta-da! Done :)




Jen xox

14 comments:

  1. Wow, Great nails with excellent colors. Thanks for sharing, i love those nails with good color combination. Get simple beauty tips here at

    http://beautytips-home.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Me too! I love mixing up colours xx

      Delete
  2. Great idea :)
    -Stefania
    traintostyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab :)

    http://purelybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute idea!!
    xx
    beautybyt2.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks lovely! I love Barry M Mint Green :) xx

    http://sophiaxblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool idea!

    thebeautymist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors! :D Lovely blog by the way.. Following! :D

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, have been wanting to try it for a while but just haven't got round to it. Perhaps a little Sunday project for me!
    Mel x

    http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's how I usually spend my Sunday evenings too! xx

      Delete