I'm determined to get my stubborn locks past this 'certain length'. I've bought a few new products & have set a couple of rules.
- No heat! I'm on an absolute ban of GHD's/curlers/heated rollers. & a semi-ban of hair dryers. I say semi-ban because it's kind of impossible to ban my hair dryer all together. For days when I'm in a rush in the morning I'll allow myself to use the hair dryer, but any other day I will let it dry naturally. This rule has been applied for about a week and a half so far, & hasn't yet been broken!
- Give my hair days off. A friend of mine told me that not washing our hair every day will help it to grow. I'm one of those who wash their hair every single day. I wish I didn't have to, but I just hate the way it looks/feels when I don't. But from now on whenever I'm not going anywhere or doing anything special I will give my poor hair a rest.
- Heat protection by Aussie. Although I'm on a heat ban, I'll need a heat protection spray for the days I'm in a rush & need to blow dry my hair.
- Hair growth treatment by Lee Stafford. I'm really hoping this product works for me, it sounds promising! It says to use it with every wash in between shampoo & conditioner, until hair improves. It claims to fertilize your follicles, creating a healthy environment on the scalp to help hair grow faster, as well as reducing hair loss and moisturising the scalp. My fingers are tightly crossed!
- Hair supply by Soap & Glory. This is a hair mask I've used before & am quite fond of (I'll write a review soon :). I figured a hair mask once every 1 or 2 weeks will help the process to.
- Healing oil spray by Macadamia. I've never been one for hair oils or leave in sprays, & only ever experienced them on trips to the hair dressers. But in a recent beauty box I received a Redken leave in treatment spray, & instantly it worked wonders! My hair felt so much softer, it was easier to style & was just healthier in general. I ran out of this pretty fast & couldn't go back to not using any at all. So I decided to buy an oil spray, which are bigged up so much in the blogging world. It claims to heal, shine & protect
- Tangle Teezer. It's not so much a product, but I've included at it as I will only be using this brush to comb my hair. Tangle Teezers are designed to comb through wet or dry hair with no pulling, tugging or yanking. & they really do work! Before using this comb I use to use a kids de-tangling spray to get a comb through my hair, now there's no need :). This results in less snagging of the hair & obviously less damage.
So, fingers crossed my rules & regulations will pay off! I'll let you know if I see any improvements or even if any of the products are a disappointment (hopefully they won't be!). Also, let me know if any of you guys have any more tips that could help me & my stubborn hair!