Thursday 13 September 2012

NOTD | Pink candy stripe nails

It's been a little while since I've done a nail art post, so I thought it was definitely time :) 

Currently at my local Westfield shopping centre they have an amazing deal on - if you spend £70 on fashion you get a free OPI polish! I saw the posters whilst I was having a wonder around with my friend. I didn't really buy anything but he was prepping for his trip to London to see Lady Gaga & the £70 target was easily reached :) Being a guy & all that he was happy for my to take advantage of his little spree & claim the OPI polish for myself. When I went to the concierge they offered me 1 of 3 colours... a gold shade (of which I already own a similar Topshop shade), a red/orange shade (which was quite similar to my Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It) & a lovely dusty rose colour. As you can probably guess I went for the pink shade, called Sparrow Me The Drama.

Now on to the nail art... I decided to do a candy stripe nail, as I thought my new polish would make a perfect base. Below are the products I used...


So, I used Sally Hansen's miracle nail thickener as a base coat & then 2 applications of my shiney new OPI Sparrow Me The Drama. Next I used a white nail striper & painted a line down the centre of my nail. Followed by 2 stripes on each side of the centre stripe. When the white stripes had dried I applied a generous layer of OPI's rapid dry top coat.


Voila! Simple, but oh-so cute :)

Jen xo

21 comments:

  1. ahhh love these! they remind of this hard candy they sell at the candy store!! you come up with the best simple-yet-adorable nail art ideas!! :)

    rachel xx
    http://blushandbrunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look sooo much!
    And your blog for that matter I've spend atleast 20mins on it now haha!
    Needless to say you've got a new follower:)
    Feel free to pop over to my blog too;
    http://lolarose1.blogspot.ie/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's so nice. Thanks :) I'll go spend 20 mins on your blog now too, haha xx

      Delete
  3. I love this look. I don't think I have a steady hand to get those stripes like yours :( x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually really easy if you use a striping brush :) xx

      Delete
  4. These look fantastic, I need to try something like this, but don't think I'd be able to get the lines that straight!

    Lauren
    pinkforflamingos.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Try it with a striping brush, it's really easy! xx

      Delete
  5. These are lovely remind me of pink humbugs lol x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! :) Love the color.. :D

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like those two colours together, and they remind me of those old fashioned paper bags you get in sweets sometimes :)

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I know exactly which bags you mean :D xx

      Delete
  8. Received the package yesterday! Thanks so much, will blog about it in the next few days!

    fashionnsleeps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good good :) I look forward to your post! xx

      Delete
  9. so simple, but so beaut!

    Nina x

    http://hit-the-ground-running.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, such lovely nailart, reminds me of cupcakes and marshmellows :)

    xx

    Flo

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pink shade! And great nail art idea :) Simple but so effective.

    daniellabeautyjunkie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete