So, you guys who saw my grow hair, grow post will know that I've been on a mission to, well.. grow my hair! My hair had got to that stubborn stage of 'I don't want to grow any longer', I'm sure many of you will be familiar with this.
In my grow hair, grow post I told you that I was setting my self a few rules & guidelines. Lets back track & see whether I stuck to them or not...
- No heat. I'm mega proud of myself for this! Before I started this mission I would blow dry my hair every morning & straighten it every day I wore it down. Butt, in the past month or so I could count on my fingers the amount of time I've blow dried my hair :) As for straighteners, I've only used them once (& this was only because I was having photos taken for a new job ;) ). I wouldn't even let the hairdresser straighten my hair when I went to the salon. Whoop, go me!
- Give my hair days off. I did plan on only washing my hair every other day. Although I haven't stuck entirely to this, I have been washing it a lot less often then I was.
As well as these 2 rules I bought a few new products to help stimulate my hair to grow. Throughout the month I've also added & taken away products. Here's a general idea of what I've been using.
- Lee Stafford growth products. I started using the Lee Stafford growth treatment when I started this mission, & have used it in every shower since. I swear by this product! I really believe it has helped my hair to get past that stubborn stage, as well as making my hair feel extremely soft & healthy. I then went & bought the Lee Stafford hair growth shampoo & conditioner, though I'm not as positive about these two. I'll write a review on the shampoo & conditioner soon, & let you know more of my thoughts.
- Hair oils. Why did I not know about hair oils & treatments sooner!? I bloody love these! I first came across them when I received a Redken treatment spray in a She Said Beauty box. Since then I have not had a single shower without using a treatment or hair oil afterwards. Although I don't think they are helping with the growth of my hair, they are definitely assisting in making my hair shiny & healthy. I can't recommend using a hair oil or treatment enough. The ones I have used so far include Redken treatment 10 spray, Macadamia healing oil spray & at present L'oreal extraordinary oil.
- Tangle Teezer. This is the king of all hair brushes/combs! I use to have such a mare brushing through my hair after a shower. It would get so knotty; I'd end up really frustrated & half my hair would come out in the process. But, with the tangle teezer it literally just glides through my hair effortlessly. I love it! Although I still have a few strands of hair fall out in the process (this is natural), but nowhere near as many as I use to. No pain, no snags & no pullsm :)
So, after about 6 weeks of these rules & products here come the results. Both of these pictures were taken after my hair had naturally dried. I figured this was a fair way to do it. So the messy wavy look is due to the lack of a hair dryer & striaghteners, don't judge me too harshly!
It's been a few weeks since the latest picture was taken. I'm still continuing my little mission, but I wanted to show you my progress. I'll be sure to let you know if my hair manages to grow any longer :) I hope so!!
Lemme know what you guys think, & if you have any more suggestions on how to get my mop longer!