- Pick out your fave pink food, make-up, fashion, & random item.
- Spread the message about breast cancer to a female friend/family in your life - the awareness, the symptoms, the checks, the healthy foods that help prevent the disease... anything or everything!
- Write a blog post about 1 & 2, linking back to Blush and Brunch.
- Tag 3 of your blogger girlfriends to do the same.
Here are my faves :)
Food - This may be cheating a little as I guess they're red, but shh ;) .. pomegranates!! I love 'em. They've just came into season too :)
Make-up - My Rimmel lippy by Kate Moss in shade 20. It's quite a vibrant pink, but I wore it to my graduation ball & love it!
Fashion - Cause I have blonde hair I tend to stay away from pink clothing. Blonde hair + pink clothes = Barbie lookalike! But I do have a pink Topshop hoody that I love to wear when I'm lazing around the house.
Random - How pretty is that blossom?! I love this time of year when all the trees change colour & begin to fall. Just so pretty :D
Now for the serious stuff.. I figured instead of writing an essay on breast cancer & all it's factors, I would write just a few lines on one of things I think are most important... early diagnosis. As a biomedical scientist I'm very familiar with cancers & their progression. & breast cancer, like many other cancers, have a better outcome when they are detected early. So I found these little steps for us to all stay in tune with our boobs!
- Know what is normal to you!
- Look & feel your breasts (inc. upper chest & armpits too).
- Know what changes to look for (lumps, pain, dimpling of skin, change is shape/position of nippes, swelling under armpit).
- Report any changes without delay to your GP.
- Make sure you attend breast screening if you're over 50.
I hope you guys liked this post & it's been informative :) Such a great cause!
Have a good weekend girlies!! Jen xo